Praia Sunglasses/ Mask Chain
This convertible chain features baroque pearls and glass beads strung on a durable chain that can be worn three ways:
- The pearl chain allows you to keep sunglasses or readers of any size or weight on hand;
- The sunglass holders are removable, allowing it to be used as a mask chain;
- The lobster clasps can be attached together to allow the convertible design to be worn as a necklace.
Designed with fun under the sun in mind, wear it without worries of tarnishing.
- Stainless Steel Base
- Freshwater pearls, glass beads
Please note, each piece can vary. Differences can include small inclusions and slight variation changes in color, due to the natural stones. The individuality of these pieces are what makes them so special.
We use a range of materials to make our pieces. Read on to know more about the materials and how to care for them.
Gold Plated. Thin layer of gold electroplated over a base metal. Here at OO, we use either quality sterling silver or stainless steel base. This is the least expensive option and typically do not last as long as the gold plating could wear off.
However, due to the quality base metals that we use, our items are less prone to tarnishing and will not rust as compared to other gold plated jewellery which use a base metal of copper/ alloy.
Gold Vermeil. Thick layer of gold plated over 925 sterling silver. To be called "vermeil", the item must have 925 sterling silver as the base and at least 2 microns thick plating. It is more expensive than gold plated due to the silver base and higher gold content.
Do note that there are brands who market gold plated sterling silver as gold vermeil so it is best to clarify their definition :)
Gold Filled. The next best thing to solid gold. Gold filled is made by pressure bonding layers of 14k gold with extreme heat to a base metal (usually jeweler’s brass).
Our gold filled pieces follows the United States Federal Trade Commission guidelines, where it is legally required to be minimum of 1/20th (5%) gold by weight. 5% may not seem like a lot, but it is sufficient to keep your item lasting for years. However, we need to preface that actual longevity will depend on how you care for it.
Solid Gold. The most expensive and highest in quality and gold content. Solid gold does no tarnish or fade and can last generations.
925 Sterling Silver. Like the name suggests, sterling silver contains 92.5% silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals as pure silver is too soft to be made into jewellery. Sterling silver is great for those with sensitive skin due to it's hypoallergenic properties.
Sterling silver will turn a darker colour over time due to the reaction of silver with air. However, the shine can be easily restored with a polishing cloth.
Stainless Steel/ Titanium. One of my favourite materials to work with as they are extremely durable and resists corrosion and oxidation. Stainless steel is more durable, can last longer, and does not tarnish, but this comes at the cost of a "duller" appearance compared to Sterling Silver. They don't require much maintenance and are really easy to clean making them perfect for everyday wear. Wear them into water and shower and they will never tarnish nor turn green.
Follow the steps in this guide to ensure your pieces are nice and shiny for a longer period of time:
- Always follow the rule of putting your jewellery on last and take it off first. This ensures that it does not get into contact with any chemicals or moisture. Allow these products to fully dry on skin before putting on your jewellery.
- If you will be doing wet activities such as swimming or activities where you will sweat a lot, please remove your pieces as the chlorine and seawater could react with the metals and damage or tarnish them.
- Store your jewellery in the airtight pouch or box provided and in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
- To clean, gently sweep over your jewelry with a clean, soft cloth.
The only true pieces that will never ever tarnish are those made from solid gold. All other materials will tarnish over time with wear.
We keep our packaging minimal to create less waste.
Our boxes and cards are made from 100% recycled paper. Our canvas pouches are unbleached heavy-duty canvas. The fabric has a natural colour and you often still see some seeds of the cotton plant.
We do not include paper invoice in any of our packaging.
Please opt for the Eco packaging if you'd like your items w/o any cards & pouches. Leave “Eco” in order notes during checkout for this option.